The Shooting Industry Foundation Australia undertakes and commissions independent research to inform and mature the conversation around Australian firearms and Australian shooters.
SIFA’s research objectives are:
- to demonstrate the economic, social and environmental impacts of the industry
- to define the full spectrum of Australian shooters
- to improve accuracy in portrayals of Australian shooting
- to inform decision making based on facts and evidence.
For more than two decades, the Australian industries related to firearms have called for evidence based policy making that balances the privilege of civil firearms ownership with the absolute requirement for community safety.
Current research is being undertaken into:
- Public Attitudes to Firearms
- Blockchain Relevance to Firearms Management Systems
- Effective Transportation Management
- Firearms Registry Performance
- Importation Permit Approvals Performance.