The Shooting Industry Foundation of Australia is expanding and as such we have an immediate requirement for a proactive and professional mid-level Media and Communications Advisor.
Location: Sydney or Canberra with flexible working arrangements / work from home.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Executive Officer
Travel: Local / Interstate / Overseas travel as required.
Salary: Negotiable, dependent upon experience.
- Research and identify current issues and industry trends and develop communications material including industry news items, media releases, social media content, briefing materials & promotional copy.
- Source, collate and catalogue relevant industry research to assist with fact-based advocacy and campaigning activities.
- Assist in the development of the SIFA media and communications strategy.
- Assist in the development and deployment of media and marketing campaigns and independently manage issues that arise.
- Administer and support SIFA media, communications, and promotional campaigns.
- Manage and develop media relationships and assist with media enquiries through the preparation and delivery of information supporting the Australian shooting industry.
- Provide advice and direction on design and branding across SIFA campaigns, media and marketing communications.
- Prepare promotional communications and marketing material for tradeshows and other SIFA sponsored events.
- Administer social media platforms, websites, and other online outbound communication tools.
- Provide assistance and support to the Executive Officer with other PR and marketing activities.
Skills & Experience:
- Understand the regulatory complexities of the Australian shooting industry and have a passion for developing the industry to ensure its future success.
- Relevant qualifications in media, marketing, communications, or journalism with a minimum 5 years’ working experience preparing media releases, news items, public statements, and communications material.
- High level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently engage with politicians, parliamentary staff, journalists, and C-Level stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with a clear desire to strive for excellence.
- The capability to consider political, observational and analytical impact in public messaging.
- A thorough understanding of social media and online communication platforms and their use, features and functions.
- The ability to work autonomously and manage your own time to set goals and KPI’s.
For further information or a confidential discussion:
James Walsh – Executive Officer
M: 0419 933 066